Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bangkok

There seems to be some kind of regulation that requires ALL men in uniform (traffic cops, security guards, real cops, transit workers, men driving the Hilton's water taxi) to wear their button-up shirts SKIN TIGHT. I'm not complaining, just observing. Lots.


I'm staying at a really nice guesthouse run by Danish people! I don't really mind that it doesn't have the character of the Royal Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, where there was a rooster living on the sidewalk across the street from us, and we had a lovely walk to the waterfront with welders on one side, and sidewalk barber chairs on the other. This place is clean, and best of all, one entire wall is NOT a giant window into the common area (a la Royal G.H.).

I met up with a guy that I had met back home, and he took me out to the red light district last night. It was awesome!!! I reminded me of Itaewon on crack.

Two days ago, I went to this gorgeous park somewhere in Bangkok where there was a pond full of two-headed swan boats and lots of pigeons. As soon as I sat down, all of these transit workers (I think) came over to chat (maybe practise their English???). Anyway, they were all super nice, and on even bought me a bag of bread crusts to feed to the pigeons, who mobebd us as soon as I emptied the bag.

I'm leaving for Chiang Mai tomorrow!

No comments: