Thursday, November 08, 2007

Le Rapid Update

Well, I'm back in Chiang Mai at the same guesthouse (for obvious reasons), waiting for Saara, who is in Cambodia after (I think) running from an extremely creepy man in Bangkok. We're planning on meeting up in Laos and then going to Vietnam together. I plan on having a crapload of clothes and shoes made by the tailors in Hoi An, and I think that Saara has a similar plan.

Sorry for the lack of updates in Laos, but after the Crazy Guesthouse Man, we went south to Don Det. There is something really great about an electricity-free island surrounded by freshwater dolphins.

Other highlights from Laos? Petting a fighting rooster on the bus, taking ducks in bananna-leaf-covered baskets on our boat/bus, patting a baby water buffalo, patting a piglet, trying my best to pat baby chickens (darn things are so fast!!!), accidentally picking up 2 poison frogs (good thing the island voodoo doctor was nearby!!!), seeing a treefrog in the bathroom (didn't pick THAT up though), accidentally missing the squat toilet at night and peeing on my feet.

I'll put the pictures up on flickr as soon as they're ready.

No comments: